Dec 3, 2009

Sakura Sakura

I saw Sakura Sakura (さくらさくら)
on many foodie magazines and always wanted to try.
It's Kyoto cuisine and their specialty is their udon noodles.
Usually udon is made of flour and water. Not here.
Their udon is made from flour, soymilk and yuba.
京都のお料理は薄味で大好き!

Its hidden in a residential area.

Walk through the garden to enter.

Since Yuba seems like their specialty,
we ordered the Yuba Sashimi to start.
It was so milky and the presentation was so pretty.

Their specialty, Kyo-Dejiru Udon (京出汁うどん).
The udon had such a nice texture and
the broth was so light and was the perfect match to the noodles.
Will definitely go back!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

wow I LOVE kyoto cuisine...I'll be back in Tokyo in the winter...ここ行ってみたいな!

lina said...

mmmmmm. I don't like udon but those look kind of thin so I wanna try!