Jul 11, 2011

Mastro's Ocean Club

Dinner at Mastro's Ocean Club in Las Vegas.
There are a couple of Mastro's in Orange County, but I'm not big on steak so never made it there.
Located inside Crystals at CityCenter.
The best thing about this restaurant is the interior. The architecture is so amazing and I love the simplicity of the furniture.
They start you off with a fancy bread bowl.
We ordered Sauteed Sea Scallops for the appetizer along with 2 salads. The Scallops were my favorite!
Then our food came and I was in shock. The portions here are ridiculously huge. The sides are a meal in itself. FOOD COMA!
I ordered the Fillet of Arctic Char Oreganata. This photo doesn't prove how enormous this fillet was, but it was as big as my palm!
I had never heard of Arctic Char before and the waiter informed me that it was like a blend of salmon and trout. It was good, but WAY too big.
If I come back, I'll probably order the appetizer-portioned Sea Scallops and share some sides or half-sized salads, because entrees are just too much. It has a gorgeous bar area (my boyfriend had a couple Caipirinha's which were excellent) so that might be a better option.

No comments: