Aug 4, 2011

Downtown Petaluma

On the way to Healdsburg, we stopped by Petaluma for lunch.
We had lunch at Della Fattoria, a charming artisan bakery. They bake their breads in brick ovens with wood fires started the day before and instead of using yeast, they use a natural starter consisting of organic flour, water and Weber Ranch grapes (details here).
Interior.
My order: Tuna Melt Piandana (Pizza-dough bread)
The chewy Piandana went really well with the wild Albacore Tuna and bitter arugula. I also ordered the Lavender Lemonade (pink drink in the back) which was a bit too sweet for me but I love anything Lavender, couldn't resist!
My friend ordered: BLT Sandwich
They use Bovolo Black Pig Bacon, which is also a local company. Because Petaluma is known for their farming, the vegetables were so fresh!

After lunch, we walked over to
Shared this seasonal Apricot Mini Pie on the patio.
The buttery pie and the tangy apricot went so well together.

No comments: