Sep 25, 2011

Bonhomie

Wow, haven't updated in a while...
About a month ago, we had dinner at Bonhomie, a Bistro in Gotanda. We were so excited because the reviews were excellent and we were finally able to get reservations.
Interior.
It's tiny, there were only about 5 tables and this counter.
They have a "Today's Vegetables" list where you can order individually or a platter with your choice of 4. 
We chose: Grilled Eggplant with Tapnade & Cheese, Broccoli marinated in Garlic Anchovies, Carrot Rappe and Tomato Compote.
Marinated Sardines.
The Sardines were so fresh!
Chilled Gold Rush Corn Potage.
"Gold Rush" is a type of yellow corn from Miyazaki prefecture that has a soft texture and super sweet. This was like dessert! 
Roasted Horo-Horo Cho (Guineafowl) from Iwate-Prefecture.
I've never had Horo-Horo Cho prepared like this before and it was impeccable. It was super tender and because it wasn't flavored (you add salt) you can really taste the meat. The potatoes (above) were insanely sweet, but I forgot the name...
Hamo & Edamame Risotto.
I think this may have been the best Risotto I've ever had in my life. The Hamo went perfectly well with the cheese flavor, the Edamame added some sweetness and the texture of the rice was perfect.
Roasted New Zealand Lamb with Eggplant Puree.
They certainly do a fantastic job with roasting meats.
Platter of homemade cookies & chocolates with the coffee we ordered.
I definitely want to dine here again, because their menu is seasonal. When we went, their main dishes were all meat, but I'm hoping that they'll have fish the next time we go.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

your blog makes me hungry... and it makes me miss Japan!