Sep 27, 2012

Frey's Famous Pizzeria

Hadn't updated with a legitimate restaurant blog in a while...
Last week, we had lunch at FREY's Famous Pizzeria. I've previously blogged about Savoy (link here) and how much I loved their margerita pizza. After that visit though, my favorite pizza chef had quit and told me that he would be opening a new pizzeria on his own. After waiting years for him to get in touch with me again, I hadn't heard back and had given up. That all changed when my boyfriend happened to drive by FREY's and noticed the pizza chef and told me that he was sure it was him. We went to eat there for the first time last week and told him the story. He was so excited and we were just as excited because he remembered us too.
I was so happy to get in touch with him again, but most of all, soo happy to be reunited with his pizzas again!! Even with the same exact ingredients, I couldn't believe how different the pizza tasted when the chef changed. I will definitely be going back to this cute pizza joint!
Sat at the pizza bar, right in front of the chef.

Marinara.
We split the Marinara and Margerita, and this was the first time I had his Marinara and must say that it was just as amazing as the Margerita!

Favorite Margerita Pizza ever.

Cute shop located a block away from Roppongi Midtown.

No comments: