Jun 1, 2010

Nirvanam

I get sudden cravings for Indian Curry.
I usually end up going to the same place so this time, 
I decided to look up a new place to try via Tabelog.
Nivanam was the highest ranked Indian place in the area.
Never had Southern Indian food, so it was worth the trip.
The sign outside.
Lunch Buffet for 1,200 yen.
I tried the vegetable curry, creamy chicken curry and roasted chicken (in the middle).
It tasted different than the curry I'm used to, more spices I think.
And instead of Naan, they served Kerala Porotta.
The curry was really delicious and less heavier than normal,
but I do prefer Naan over Porotta.
The view from the street in front of the restaurant is the Tokyo Tower.

*Off on a foodie trip to Hokkaido tonight!
First time in Hokkaido, so I'm suuuper excited!!
Will update when I'm back!

2 comments:

grant t said...

oh nice... i love indian food. i dont know why its not more prevalent like japanese food is in the US. Is it big in japan? i only found a few places in shinjuku last time i was there. What the did the Kerala Porotta taste like? is it similiar to the buttery taste that naaan has?

fumipuriri said...

the kerala porotta is kind of like... that Chinese pan friend pancake thingy. shitteru? naan is more buttery and fluffier. i prefer naan. and there are actually a lot of indian places here!