Dec 29, 2010

Comedor El Camino

Finally catching up on my food updates!
Last month, we went for a date night at Comedor El Camino in Kagurazaka that my boyfriend had found through tabelog. I am so appreciative that he always makes an effort to find new places to try. Thanks D, 来年も探してね!
Interior.
It was a super tiny restaurant but really cozy and intimate. They have a dinner course that comes with an appetizer, main, Arroz Meloso (Spanish seafood Risotto) and dessert with coffee/tea.
They start you off with a little platter of appetizers of Croquettes and Olives. I loved the olives here!
We had this nice bottle of Red that the server recommended. I must add that the server was insanely knowledgeable about both Spanish food and wine.
His appetizer: Ensalada de Escabeche
White fish with vegetable tomato sauce with olives.
My appetizer: Ropa Vieja
Garbanzo beans, homemade blood sausages stewed in tomato sauce.
His main: Cochinillo Asado
Wood oven Roasted Pork with Mashed Potatoes.
My main: Quail with White Kidney Beans.
(This was beyond amazing, loved this!)
The restaurant's specialty, Arroz Meloso.
They cook it and serve it in that pot. Although we were about to burst from all the hearty food, this went down so smoothly. It also comes with dessert (I ordered a plate of fruit) and coffee.
I loved this place. The server was telling us that they aim to serve authentic, home-style Spanish cooking. Every plate was so savory and satisfying. My absolute favorite was the Quail, but everything we had did not disappoint. Oh, and did I mention this course is 4,500 yen? Amazing.

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

youre lucky you have a foodie boyfriend!

mai1026 said...

ここ美味しそう!
Funny that one of my recent favorite dishes was quail too, at Auberge:)