Dec 26, 2010

Fonda de la Madrugada

For our Christmas dinner, we went to have Mexican food at Fonda de la Madrugada in Harajuku. Like I mentioned in my previous post, all of the restaurants have a "Christmas course".
Interior. There was a Mariachi band that was singing Christmas songs in Spanish and serenading the couples. (Sorry for the dark picture)
Christmas course menu.
Shrimp Quesadilla Appetizer and Fonda Christmas Salad (which had beets, apples, walnuts and raisins). The Quesadilla was more like an Empanada.
His main: Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Tequila White Sauce and Mexican Mashed Potatoes. The sauce was really tasty and reminded me of my favorite Mexican restaurant back home.
My main: Baked Stuffed Chicken Leg with Mole Manchamanteles served with Spicy Green Rice. Apparently, the sauce had chocolate in it. The Chicken leg was really tender.
Mango Flan with Coffee.
I think this place was one of the best Mexican restaurants (so far) that I've had in Tokyo. Except I think that paying 7,000 yen for Mexican food is a little overrated... I want to come back again to try their regular menu.

No comments: