Jan 25, 2011

Halibut Acqua Pazza

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a fantastic deal on a pack of Halibut and wanted to try making something new. After browsing through recipes, I made a really simplified version of  'Acqua Pazza'. Most of the recipes called for clams or some other seafood but since I didn't have any at home I skipped it. The result was a major success! Couldn't believe how flavorful and delicious it was and the best part is that it was so easy to make.
I felt like eating it again today so I went to go pick up some Halibut. (After browsing recipes online, I guess any type of whitefish will work.)
I diced an onion, clove of garlic and 2 mini potatoes. Bought some cherry tomatoes and a jar of organic Kalamata Olives today. (Last time, I didn't have very many ingredients so I did it plainly with onions, garlic and carrots for color and it worked great.)
First, I sprinkled some salt on both sides of the Halibut and then I lightly seared it with just a little bit of Olive Oil.
After searing both sides, I added:
1/2 cup of white wine
 1/2 cup of water
all the vegetables (1st picture)
 and put the lid on.
After maybe 5-10 minutes, all of the flavors will mix together, making a full-flavored sauce. Add some salt and pepper.
Plate it, sprinkle some chopped Parsley (I used Italian Parsley), drizzle some fine Olive Oil... and EAT! Super easy to make, healthy and so tasty!

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

wow, that looks really great. I think I'm going to try that!

mai1026 said...

uwao oishiso-!!