Feb 20, 2011

Island Tour on a Speedboat

We took a 1-day island tour from Phuket on a speedboat.
I really wanted to go to Phi Phi Island so when we got to Phuket, I asked around for tours. It's a bit overwhelming because there are tour stands and travel offices all over the city. We finally decided to walk into a legitimate travel office. All of the brochures have a price of around 3,000 baht/adult for speedboat tours (ferry or larger boat tours are much cheaper because they carry more people and it takes longer) but when we asked the lady, she totally threw us off by telling us that our tour would be 1,600 baht/person... I guess the price on mostly everything can be negotiated (we didn't even have to negotiate). The hotel told us a higher price than the brochure so I suggest asking around travel offices if you are in Thailand and are interested in any tours or packages.

First stop: Khai Nai Island
Picture of the speedboat that we took. The water was so clear and there were a lot of small fishes.
Close up of the fish.

Next stop: Monkey Beach (Phi Phi Don Island)
Phi Phi Don from the boat.
They briefly stopped the boat on Monkey Beach, where we can feed the monkeys.

After this, we had lunch on Phi Phi Don and then continued on to Pileh Lagoon and Loh Samah, where the boat stopped briefly so we can dive into the beach, swim and snorkel.

Pileh Lagoon
Loh Samah

Last stop: Maya Bay (Phi Phi Ley Island)
Approaching Maya Bay.
Heaven.
We stopped here for close to an hour to swim and tan. This was the most beautiful beach I had ever seen in my life.

1 comment:

lina said...

woooooooooow! Soooo gorgeous! I've always wanted to visit Thailand. TRAVEL as much as you can before you have a kid! Cause I doubt that I'll get to go to Thailand anytime son :'(