May 31, 2011

Opus Wine Estate

I don't think it's an overstatement to say that Opus One is one of the most famous wines from Napa Valley. I've had Opus One wine, many years ago, and remembered it being really great wine. Because I had never been to the winery (both my mom and sister had) we decided to stop by for a tasting.
Beautiful architecture.
Nice view.
Tasting for the 2006 and 2007 wines.
We ordered one glass of each ('06 and '07) and sat out on their upstairs deck to enjoy the view.
I was disappointed.
The tastings were very unpersonal, the tasting room was so plain with no character and the glasses were dinky (I expected Cab glasses atleast). And for $30/glass I just thought it wasn't worth it. AT ALL. Opus One now runs $200+ per bottle and I wasn't impressed with how it tasted either. Maybe my palette for wine has grown over the past couple of years, or simply because I've had much, MUCH greater wines more reasonably priced. The only good thing is that now, I can now say that I've been before. Probably my last though.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

most expensive wine ever! rip off haha