May 6, 2010

香り家 (Kaori Ya)

While I'm on the subject of Soba...
My new favorite in the area is Kaori-Ya in Ebisu.
They also have seasonal dishes, which were also delicious.
Exterior.
I usually order their Natto-Soba, but this time I tried their
Sakuraebi no Kakiage Itasoba.
桜海老の掻き揚げ
Kakiage is really hard to make, and theirs was perfect!
You can also order thick soba here,
which is about three times the thickness of the thin soba.
(I tried this on my first visit, but I prefer the thin noodles..)

2 comments:

grant t said...

thats exterior is so jimi. i could honestly probably walk by it and not even realize that there was a restaurant there...especially if i saw clothing hanging to dry on racks...

the kakiage and soba both look delicious...the futoi soba sounds almost like Udon. tabete mitai....

mai1026 said...

i noticed the sentaku mono too...
china style!

osoba cho oishiso-
enjoy all the good food while you're there,
oc is too limited:(