Aug 13, 2010

Haagen-Dazs La Maison Ginza

Last week, I came back to California.
When I left the airport at Narita, it was 32C (plus humidity) and when I landed in LAX, it was 16C (minus humidity). The weather here is just amazing and it has been so cool, it doesn't feel like summer.
The last month in Tokyo was a bit hectic so I had been so behind on blog updates.
Back to food in Tokyo...

I had walked by Haagen-Dazs La Maison Ginza many times and there would always be a line, so I just kept post-poning to try this place. Haagen-Dazs is my favorite ice cream so I assumed their desserts would be divine. I was SO right.
Menu.
Luxurious interior.
This day was surprisingly quiet.
My friend's order: Seasonal Soup (Stawberry)
My order: Rich Milk Ice Cream in Chilled Orange Gelee Soup with Yogurt Mousse
This picture does not do this dessert justice (you must go and check out their website photo!). It was refreshingly light with the perfect amount of fruitiness, tartness from the yogurt and the richness from the icre cream.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Fumi, I love your blog, looking at all of these pictures makes my mouth water. Enjoy your time in Tokyo, eating at all of those amazing restaurants. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos too!

Mama Mia said...

JEALOUS!