Aug 16, 2010

Souryu (蒼龍唐玉堂)

This summer, we often had lunches at Souryu (蒼龍唐玉堂) in Meguro. They are famous for Dan-Dan Noodles (担担麺), which is a Chinese Sichuan-style noodle soup.
Exterior.
White Sesame Dan-Dan Noodles (白胡麻担々麺)
This is what I ordered the very first time I ate here, about two years ago. The sesame broth is very rich and creamy.
Pan-fried Dumplings (餃子)
Broiled Dumplings (水餃子)
I prefer the broiled dumplings here.
Recently, we had been ordering the same thing...
His order: Dan-Dan Noddles without Soup (あえ担々麺)
My order: Black Sesame Cold Dan-Dan Noodles (冷やし黒胡麻担々麺)
I was so hooked on this noodle! Too bad it is only served during the summer. This is a great casual place for a quick and hearty meal.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

tan tan men is my faaaaaaaavorite. I thought you didn't like ramen? Do you like it better now?