Sep 8, 2010

The Crumpet Shop

A couple of years ago, a family friend had brought Crumpets for us when she visited from London. That was my first crumpet and the beginning of a mini-obsession. Since then, I've picked some up at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, but it lacked the fluffy yet chewy, doughy texture. I was super excited when I found The Crumpet Shop in Seattle.
Exterior.
Small, charming place that opened 34 years ago!
Its also conveniently located in the Pike Place Market.
Ordered the Crumpet with Butter & Honey
This crumpet was the BEST I've ever had, so perfect (But then again I'm comparing it to pre-packaged crumpets).  Toasted surface with the soft and dough-y texture inside. They freshly bake all of their crumpets on-site. Wish I had this near my home.

2 comments:

grant t said...

crumpet tte english muffin to chauno?

fumipuriri said...

違うんだなー
English Muffinよりも厚くて、中がもっちりしてるの!