Sep 29, 2010

Drago Ristorante

Groupon is such a brilliant idea. For the people who are not familiar with groupon, it has great daily deals for all kinds of things in major cities.
Anyways, my sister had bought a Groupon worth $60 for Drago Ristorante in Santa Monica so we went for lunch.
Exterior.
They start you off with this appetizer. It was like a rice croquette. It was okay, but the thought was nice.
We each ordered a glass of wine and a main dish.
My sister's order: Risotto con Asparagi (Asparagus, Pancetta & Parmesan)
You can't go wrong with these three ingredients but the risotto was way over cooked, it was almost a porridge. Boo.
My order: Pappardelle al Sugo di Fagiano e Morelle
(Pappardelle with Roasted Pheasant and Morells Mushroom)
This was good. The portion was quite large and I got tired of the flavor towards the end.

Why the thumbs down? 
When the bill came, I thought that we were charged more than what I had expected. Because I blog about restaurants, I always take a picture of the menu. When I checked the menu and the price marked on the bill, he jacked up the prices for both of our dishes. Maybe it was because we had a Groupon, but after asking him about it, he goes and changes the price but it was still off (and only about $1... cheap!) and gave us a HUGE attitude.
Thank you Groupon, we were able to try a new place for half the price. No thank you Drago, won't be returning.

3 comments:

grant t said...

groupon siranakatta..... what does pheasant taste like? is it gamey like lamb?

fumipuriri said...

groupon cho iiyo!! it has great deals!
pheasant is kinda like.. turkey? it didn't taste gamey at all.

Mama Mia said...

I love Groupon too! I use it all the time! It started in Chicago, so Chicago has the best Groupons!