Sep 16, 2010

Snoqualmie Falls & Winery Day Trip

We took a bus day tour from our hotel to the Snoqualmie Falls and to 2 wineries.
It was actually a bigger waterfall than what I had imagined at 268 feet (82 meters).
The other side of the fall.
Our guide stopped the bus so that we could pick wild blackberries. I am not a huge fan of blackberries, but these were the sweetest I've ever had.
First winery: Novelty Hill/Januik.
Tasting menu, we were able to choose 5.
I liked the Novelty Hill Cabernet, but the others were mediocre.
Very modern interior.
Second Winery: Columbia Winery
Tasting menu. This place was cool because we got a little tutorial from a wine expert while we tasted. I really liked their 2004 Cabernet and 2003 Syrah.
The fireplace was nice because it was rainy and cold.
This is also a note to myself but the instructor taught us that it is truly rare if we ever stumble upon a wine with a "David Lake" signature. He was the first master of wine in America.

No comments: