Sep 18, 2010

Seatown Snackbar

We realized that we hadn't had any seafood in Seattle. My mom wanted to eat crab so we went to Seatown Snackbar, another Tom Douglas restaurant. It's more a tapas place, with very light small dishes.
Exterior.
Nice, open interior.
I guess they opened about 2 weeks prior to our visit.
So my mom of course orders crab, the Local Dungeness Crab and it was a MAJOR disappointment to say the least. It had no taste (gross!) and was served ICE cold. More than half of this dish was the empty shell covering about 3 legs and cost $22. Rip off.
My sister ordered the Rabbit Terrine.
This was pretty good but I'm not used to eating rabbits.
My order: Smoked Trout on Buckwheat Blini
This was okay.
We shared a bottle of Efeste Feral Sauvignon Blanc which was the best thing we had here, aside from an order of the Dahlia bread. Pretty sad. 
Maybe it was because they just recently opened or we ordered wrong but I definitely would NOT be recommending this place to friends. Thumbs down.

No comments: