Mar 29, 2011

Ganbare Nippon!

The week after the earthquake, my brother and I went down to Fukuoka to stay with our relatives. Stress built up from the frequent aftershocks, uncertainty and being overwhelemed with so much information definitely took a toll. It was a great break being away from it all but a part of me was left feeling guilty.

It's been nice being back in Tokyo, although there hasn't been drastic improvements. There's still not much we can do here except to donate money and necessities, conserve energy and to hope. I am also trying to help the local community by dining out. The restaurants and stores have been hit hard.
Yesterday, I took a few shots of the bent Tokyo Tower (you can see it if you zoom into the picture) because the weather was amazing. It's finally starting to feel like spring.

P.S. If you haven't already, please donate! I donated through the Japanese Red Cross but there are a lot of organizations that are doing all they can to help those affected by this devastating earthquake and tsunami.

No comments: