Mar 7, 2011

Rico Pez

Rico Pez was on my to-go-to list. It's rated awfully high on Tabelog so my expectations were way high. The atmosphere and interior was nice but the food... it wasn't bad but nothing really left a big impression either. I also thought that a lot of the dishes were salty. They only have two courses (no a la carte) which are priced very reasonably, for what you get, but they make up for it with their beverage menu; not a very good selection and way over priced.
Interior.
They only have 12 counter seats.
Appetizer platter.
Fried Langoustine with Lemon and Tomato "Condiment"
"Poele" Sauteed Foie Gras and Buckwheat "En Beurre"
This was the best dish out of all (in my opinion).
Grilled Swordfish and Scallop with Puree of Anchovy and Cauliflower
(This was especially salty...)
"Pouisson" Prepared 2 Ways
Soup of Strawberry and Milk Ice Cream
Fondant au Chocolat
I've had better... much better. But I did enjoy the Mango Sorbet (in the back).

No comments: